Windows 10 comes with Bluetooth support which can be used to connect Bluetooth devices. If you have Bluetooth hardware attached to your windows 10 computer then you can connect other Bluetooth devices to it. A Bluetooth driver is essential as are other drivers on your computer. Different computers required different Bluetooth drivers. Every driver on the computer should be updated regularly so does the Bluetooth driver. Therefore, for our Bluetooth devices and computer to work properly we need to update Bluetooth drivers regularly.
In this blog, we will discuss how you can update the drivers easily and manual and automatic ways of downloading, installing and updating Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10 Computer.
How Do I Download and Install Windows 10 Bluetooth Driver?
First, we have to make sure that we get the correct Bluetooth driver for our Windows 10 computer. We need to make sure of the three things that we have mentioned below before updating the Bluetooth driver.
- Know your system
- Search for the right Bluetooth driver and download it
- Install the Bluetooth driver you have downloaded
1. Know Your System
Follow the steps below in order to get the information about your computer. Once you get the information you can install the correct Bluetooth driver–
1. Open the Control Panel
To open the control panel, you have to type Control Panel in the search bar. Also, you can press the Windows Key + R button and then type Control Panel and press enter.
2. Now click on System and Security
3. Now click on System
4. Clicking on the System will open the system information.
5. Now, look for the processor and system type and make note of it.
2. Now you can search for the correct Bluetooth Driver for your computer and Download It
With the information we have noted earlier we can now search for our Bluetooth driver. For searching the correct Bluetooth driver, we have to search for it from our web browser.
1. Open the web browser and in the search bar type the processor name and add Bluetooth driver download Infront of it.
2. You will see the official website of your processor company, open it. This will guarantee for the genuine driver without any malware or infection.
3. Now from the website you have to download the correct Bluetooth driver. Make sure you are downloading the Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers that are compatible with your version (32 bit or 64 bit).
3. The last thing you have to do is to install the Bluetooth Driver you just have downloaded
The driver downloaded from the internet you just have to double click on its setup files. Once the installation starts you just have to follow the steps provided by the installer to install the program. Once the driver is installed restart your system and the Bluetooth device should work fine.
Reason for updating Bluetooth Device Driver On Windows 10 Laptop?
Non updated Bluetooth drivers will create the problem while connecting Bluetooth devices to Windows 10. You will face problems while connecting speakers, headphones or other Bluetooth devices if the Bluetooth driver on your Window 10 computer is not updated.
How Can You Update Bluetooth Drivers In Windows 10 PC?
There can be different ways of updating Bluetooth drivers on our Window 10 computer. We can update the Bluetooth driver manually or we can use a third-party tool to update it in a single click.
Here we will show you both methods using which you can easily update your Bluetooth driver.
Manual Way Of Updating Windows 10 Bluetooth Driver
Using Device Manager To Update Bluetooth Driver
1. First we have to open the Device manager to look for the hardware for which we want to update the driver.
To open device manager press Windows key + R key and type devmgmt.msc and then press enter OR you can type Device Manager into the search bar and press enter.
2. Now look for Bluetooth and click on the dropdown next to it.
3. Once you see the driver you want to update, right-click on it and then click on Update driver.
4. Now select Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. Now it will automatically find the update of the driver and install it once found.
Also, you can check the Hardware ID of the Bluetooth hardware by going into the properties. And then search this ID in the browser while using driver down as a prefix. Now you can find and download the respected driver and install it.
Updating the Bluetooth driver is necessary as its won’t work correctly if it is not updated correctly. You can easily