However, like any other WiFi device, the Linksys RE6500 range extender is also prone to major technical issues. And these issues (if experienced), may ruin all your surfing experience.
Sensing this need, we have come up with this tutorial, shedding some light on some common yet major Linksys RE6500 extender issues along with their solutions. Let’s get started, shall we?
Troubleshooting: Linksys RE6500 Extender Issues
Linksys RE6500 Extender Can’t Detect the 5 GHz Band
If your Linksys RE6500 extender is unable to detect the 5 GHz band of your home router, consider changing the WiFi channel of your router. Here’s how to get the job done:
- Place your Linksys RE6500 extender in the same room as that of your home router.
- Log in to the Linksys RE6500 setup page using extender.linksys.com web address. On the off chance if you come across with any issue while logging into your Linksys WiFi extender, feel free to get in touch with our experts anytime.
- Once you are logged in successfully, locate and click on the Wireless Settings option.
- Change the channel between 1, 6, and 11.
- At last, click on Apply to save the changes.
Unable to Change the Linksys Extender’s Wireless Settings
Your Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender has its own SSID and password (default). However, to secure to extender from potential threats, you have to change the default login details during Linksys RE6500 setup. In the event that you face issues while changing the default Linksys extender password and SSID, go through the instructions given-below:
- Open a web browser of your choice on a PC or laptop.
- Don’t forget to connect your Linksys extender to your home router.
- Log in to your Linksys RE6500 using extender.linksys.com web address.
- You will be prompted to enter the default Linksys extender login password.
- Click on OK once you’re done.
- Locate and click on Basic Settings.
- Enter the wireless name and password you preferred into the required fields.
- Click on Enabled > Save to apply the changes.
That’s it! In this easy way, you can change the Linksys extender SSID and password without any hassle.
Linksys RE6500 Extender Keeps Losing Internet Connection
The next common yet major issue in our list of Linksys RE6500 extender problems is it keeps losing internet connection. To fix this issue, go through the steps highlighted below:
- Make sure that your Linksys extender is placed in reach of your home router.
- Also, ensure that a proper power supply is being supplied to your Linksys extender.
- Power cycle your Linksys RE6500 extender.
- Ensure to complete the Linksys extender setup process properly.
- Update Linksys extender firmware to the latest version.
That’s it! In this way, you can easily cope up with Linksys extender keeps losing internet connection issue.
Linksys Extender Showing Red Power LED
A red power LED is one of the most annoying Linksys extender issues. In the event that your Linksys WiFi range extender is not receiving adequate power supply or its firmware is corrupted or left incomplete, then you will surely see a red color LED on it. Given-below are the steps to fix the Linksys extender red power LED issue:
- Make sure to plug in your Linksys extender properly.
- Restart your Linksys extender.
- Locate your Linksys extender. Do not hide it or place it in a congested place.
So, these were some common yet major Linksys RE6500 extender issues with their solutions. If you are still facing issues with your Linksys extender, get in touch with our veteran experts now.